- New parameter “offset” to retrieve the 2nd, 3rd, (integer > 3)th post. Default is 0 (i.e. 1st). For example “offset=1” means 2nd post. An offset too high will trigger the procedure for the case when no post was found.
- New parameter “suppress_filters” . Default is 1 (on). Turn off (“suppress_filters=0”) when you use WPML so that WPML can filter by language.
- fixed problem when latest post was not published
- added aliases “before” and “after” for “date_query_before” and “date_query_after”
- New parameter “cache” to cache the result retrieved from the database. Used with a number in seconds. Caches the total amount of posts when used with “random”. Can be enforced with constant “CHATTY_MANGO_RUTP_CACHE” (in wp-config.php).
- by default ignore the stickiness of posts. You can turn it off with ‚ignore_sticky_posts=0‘
- try to improve localization
- show some help with examples after plugin installation
- fixed link for button generated with [redirect_to_post_button]
- better resistance against interference with other plugins (through actions and filters)
- improved prevention of caching the redirection in the browser (Cache-Control header)
- improved prevention of caching the redirection in the browser (redirection code)
- Added filter query parameters ‚date_query_before‘ and ‚date_query_after‘. Values can be any string that can be understood by strtotime(). For more details see the documentation.
- More intuitive new shortcode for the button: „redirect_to_post_button“. The previous code „redirect_to_random_button“ will continue working for some time.
- error message for wrongly formatted parameters
- button text not displayed correctly
- added shortcode ‚redirect_to_random_button‘ (with optional parameters ‚div_class‘, ‚button_class‘, ‚text‘, ‚redirect_to‘ and ‚params‘ – documentation)
- added parameters ‚utm_source‘, ‚utm_campaign‘, ‚utm_medium‘, ‚pk_campaign‘ and ‚pk_kwd‘ to support tracking redirects
- more robust against interference from themes through filter hook (effective only if redirect_to is called)
- switched to the more flexible ‚WP_Query‘ class
- confirmed to work with WP 4.5
- added option ‚exclude‘ to exclude posts and pages by IDs
- parameter not reliably processed on some sites
- parameters with upper-case values not working
- fixed warnings on plugins page
- added option ‚default_redirect_to‘
- enabled criteria ‚has_password‘ and ‚tag_id‘
- added a „Help“ link on the plugins page
- improved compatibility with other plugins
- collision with other plugins using the same query parameter
- incorrect processing of orderby and order for redirect_to=custom
- sorry, inconsistent version numbering…
- initial release