Redirect URL to Post is the best plugin to redirect your visitors to a random post, your first post, your latest post, the previous or next post, or other more complex searches, like the latest post of author John Doe that is at least one month old. You simply enter an URL (something like http://www.example.com/?redirect_to=random) that takes you directly to the resulting post in single post view.
The result is specified by the query parameters in that URL. While the URL remains unchanged, the destination of the redirection depends on the current post inventory.
Possible applications are:
- Link to a random post.
- Link to your first or your latest post.
- Link to the previous or next post.
- Promote your latest post with one permanent link from a menu or in a newsletter. Readers won’t have to go through a list – the link will always take them directly to the latest post in single-post view. And you won’t have to manually update that link every time you publish a new post.
- Link to the latest post of a particular author or category.
- Add a menu item or button that links to a random post and increase page views (which is a SEO ranking indicator).
- Load the latest post that contains a certain phrase into a frame of another website.
The plugin does not offer any settings in the admin back end. You achieve all via the parameters in the URL.