- Fixed values of parameter “cat” getting lost.
- Fixed incorrect inclusion of posts outside of “count” when using “bias”.
- Button parameter ‘params’ now formatted as: “key1=value1|key2=value2| …” (Old format will continue working.)
- New parameter ‘bias’, to be used together with ‘?redirect_to=random’ and ‘count’. The value of this parameter is a percentage that determines how much the posts determined by ‘count’ will be preferred over the rest. Example: www.example.com/?redirect_to=random&count=10&bias=80 -> The most recent 10 posts will be preferred with an 80% probability. Can be used together with ‘offset’.
- New parameter “count” that can be used together with “random” to limit the pool of posts to the most recent (count has positive number) or first (count has negative number). Can be used together with “offset”.
- Changed default for cache to 60 seconds (Override it with cache=0)
- Random posts are now always determined by PHP, not the database
- New parameter “offset” to retrieve the 2nd, 3rd, (integer > 3)th post. Default is 0 (i.e. 1st). For example “offset=1” means 2nd post. An offset too high will trigger the procedure for the case when no post was found.
- New parameter “suppress_filters” . Default is 1 (on). Turn off (“suppress_filters=0”) when you use WPML so that WPML can filter by language.
- fixed problem when latest post was not published
- added aliases “before” and “after” for “date_query_before” and “date_query_after”
- New parameter “cache” to cache the result retrieved from the database. Used with a number in seconds. Caches the total amount of posts when used with “random”. Can be enforced with constant “CHATTY_MANGO_RUTP_CACHE” (in wp-config.php).
- by default ignore the stickiness of posts. You can turn it off with ‘ignore_sticky_posts=0’
- try to improve localization
- show some help with examples after plugin installation
- fixed link for button generated with [redirect_to_post_button]
- better resistance against interference with other plugins (through actions and filters)
- improved prevention of caching the redirection in the browser (Cache-Control header)
- improved prevention of caching the redirection in the browser (redirection code)
- Added filter query parameters ‘date_query_before’ and ‘date_query_after’. Values can be any string that can be understood by strtotime(). For more details see the documentation.
- More intuitive new shortcode for the button: “redirect_to_post_button”. The previous code “redirect_to_random_button” will continue working for some time.
- error message for wrongly formatted parameters
- button text not displayed correctly
- added shortcode ‘redirect_to_random_button’ (with optional parameters ‘div_class’, ‘button_class’, ‘text’, ‘redirect_to’ and ‘params’ – documentation)
- added parameters ‘utm_source’, ‘utm_campaign’, ‘utm_medium’, ‘pk_campaign’ and ‘pk_kwd’ to support tracking redirects
- more robust against interference from themes through filter hook (effective only if redirect_to is called)
- switched to the more flexible ‘WP_Query’ class
- confirmed to work with WP 4.5
- added option ‘exclude’ to exclude posts and pages by IDs
- parameter not reliably processed on some sites
- parameters with upper-case values not working
- fixed warnings on plugins page
- added option ‘default_redirect_to’
- enabled criteria ‘has_password’ and ‘tag_id’
- added a “Help” link on the plugins page
- improved compatibility with other plugins
- collision with other plugins using the same query parameter
- incorrect processing of orderby and order for redirect_to=custom
- sorry, inconsistent version numbering…
- initial release