This offer has been suspended. Thank you for understanding.
The complete workload is about one hour, depending on your translation speed. You can check out the amount before you decide.
How it Works: Step by Step
- Go to the page of Tag Groups at Translating WordPress and check if your language is not yet fully translated (look at “Stable”).
- Contact us and tell us your language, your email and your WordPress.org username1. Once we give you the OK, start translating.
- Two plugins will need your work:
- Translate Tag Groups (free) at Translating WordPress: We need to reach 100% of the strings in the column „Stable“ and 60% of the strings in „Stable Readme“ at WordPress. When you’re done, we ask the responsible editors at WordPress.org for their approval of your contributions. The editors might request that you double-check or edit some of your translations.
- Translate Tag Groups Premium: We also need 100% of the strings (currently about 74) for the premium plugin – you can download the POT file here to take a look. Or we send you a link and you work on a website.
- After all has been approved and completed, we send you the zip file of the plugin.
You will be free to use Tag Groups Premium for an unlimited time in one project for either personal or commercial use by you or on behalf of a client. The software cannot be offered for resale either on its own or as part of a project. Distribution of source files is not permitted. The software is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied.
In return, you grant us all rights to use and sell your translation for an unlimited time as part of the plugin Tag Groups Premium.
The translation of the free Tag Groups plugin will become the property of the community – just like the plugin itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do the task?
You will need to be registered at WordPress.org (e.g. in the forums) so that you can translate at Translating WordPress. Simply check there if you can log in. You will also need either the free software Poedit, or we give you a link where you can translate online.
You will need to be familiar with software translations, as described in the WordPress Translator’s Handbook. That means, you should keep HTML code intact and integrate placeholders such as %d or %s. Some experience is helpful but you can also learn it while doing.
Do I have to be a native speaker?
Your language skills must be sufficient to convince the editors at WordPress. You will also have to follow the glossary and style guide of your language.
Can I start with the translation of the Premium plugin’s POT file?
No, please start with the free plugin at WordPress.org. All translations of the premium plugin are based on the free one. Therefore, we need to be sure that your choice of words is accepted by the editors and final until you start with the second part.
How much time do I have?
We keep only one translator working on one language at a time. If things are not completed after 1 month, however, we may assign the task to another translator. If there’s any unexpected trouble, just let us know.
If the editors at Translating WordPress need some extra time, we will have another cup of coffee and see if we can urge them gently.
Will you credit me?
We will mention you on the About page of the premium plugin with a link to your WordPress.org profile. Your name will automatically appear for the strings you translated for the free plugin.
Are plugin updates included?
Yes, you will receive free updates of the Tag Groups Premium plugin like regular customers.
Does this offer include support for the plugin?
We are happy to help you solve any issues with the plugin during 3 months after you received the plugin. This does, however, not include support for installation, setup or customization. The plugin is not refundable.
I have another question.