Tag Groups Premium is an extension of the free Tag Groups plugin that helps you organize your WordPress tags in groups. It adds a variety of additional features:
- Searchable Tag Cloud: Filter tags by group or by name live while typing.
- Dynamic Post Filter: Use your tag groups and tags for a dynamic 2-layered post filter on your pages.
- Meta Box: The premium plugin brings the tag group feature to the post edit screen. First select the group and then among the tags that belong to this group.
- Multiple Groups: Assign a term to several groups.
- Permissions: Choose which users are allowed to create and edit tag groups: authors, editors or administrators.
- Even More Tag Clouds: The plugin comes with new shortcodes for tag output in a table or a cloud that combines the tags of specified groups.
- and more
The plugin Tag Groups Premium is available at Codester.
On the Front End
Finally a tag cloud that is searchable! Filter your tags by group and by name. All matching tags rearrange live in a nifty animation.
Automatically display your post tags segmented into groups. This is particularly useful if the same tag belongs to multiple groups.
Dynamic Post Filter
Imagine you run an online shop. Your products are tagged with colors and sizes. You decide to group the tags by color and by size. Wouldn’t it be nice to let your customers choose sizes and colors and view a list of products that match these criteria?
The Dynamic Post Filter lets you do exactly that: It displays a list of post that match selected tags.
A special filter lets you search for items that match at least one of the tags from each group. Search for blue or red t-shirts of sizes M or L. Or display photos of landscape or architecture or food taken in Brazil or Norway or Japan. Or filter your travel blog posts by places (Grand Canyon or Pyramids or Himalaya) and years (2004 or 2014).
On the Back End
Multiple Groups per Tag
Tag Groups Premium does not only add a second layer to your tags. You can even assign the same tag to multiple groups. Break away from the limits of default hierarchies – remember that each category can have only one parent. But what if you need to sort your tag “Mel Gibson” under both “Actors” and “Directors”, or “Updates” under “Software” and “News”? Now it is possible!
Replace the default box to add tags to a post with a box that lets you select tags sorted by groups. Find a tag by starting its first letters, or select them with your mouse. You can move tags to other groups by drag and drop.1
Some features may show you how powerful this tool is:
- Bulk Adding of Tags: Add all tags of one group with the click of a button. If you often need to add the same set of tags, instead of adding them every time one-by-one, you just join them in a group. You can have multiple tag groups, defining sets of tags that can now be inserted in one go.
- Control Your Tags: Restrict the creation of new tags, or moving tags to other groups. You can restrict it for everyone, or grant exceptions for certain user roles (administrator, editor, author). That way you can prevent that post authors mess up your tag collection.
- Identify New Tags And Prevent Typos: See immediately by color if a tag is new. That way you can reduce the risk of accidentally adding a new tag by misspelling the existing tag that you actually wanted to enter.
This even works with flat custom taxonomies, like product tags.
Just like its free companion, Tag Groups Premium makes the best of the new Gutenberg editor: Configure your tag clouds and the Dynamic Post Filter with a sleek user interface.
No more meddling with shortcode parameters!
All the goodies from the free plugin
Naturally, the premium plugin offers all features that you get with the free plugin. Check them out here.
- Working with a clean and organized collection of tags is so much more fun.
- Discover your tag clouds as efficient search tools.
- Organize your content intuitively.
- Transform your tags to something useful and meaningful.
Tag Groups Free or Premium?
In a nutshell: While the free Tag Groups plugin gives you all you need to organize your tags in groups and to display them in tag clouds, only the premium plugin adds the full range of tools to use your tag groups with posts.
Check out the feature comparison.
Get the Premium Plugin for Free!
Do you speak another language than English? Help us translate and get the premium plugin for free!
- See Tag Groups Premium in action (frontend and backend)
The plugin Tag Groups Premium is available at Codester for a one-time payment – future updates are included!