The free Tag Groups plugin helps you organize your WordPress tags in groups. It also works with most other (flat) taxonomies, like WooCommerce product tags.
The plugin comes with two configurable tag clouds where tags are displayed under tabs or in an accordion. Filters and bulk actions make your work with tags much easier, and you can even filter the list of posts in your backend by the group that their tags belong to.
Possible applications are:
- Display your tags grouped by language or by topic.
- Display only specific tags in the tag cloud.
- Change the sorting order in your tag cloud.
- Customize the links, the text or the separator of your tag cloud items.
- Display your tags in any order, independently from their names or slugs.
- Choose which tags to display in different sections of your blog.
- Easily manage huge amounts of tags or posts in the backend by dividing them into groups.
With a bit of own coding you can also:
- Display with each post a selection of tags that are related to the tags of this post.
- And much more – see the examples below.
Add tag clouds with simple shortcodes. Choose from default themes or make your own. Customize the tag cloud with a huge variety of parameters. Show the tags under tabs or in an accordion.
Install the Tag Groups plugin directly from your blog or download the files from the WordPress repository.
Licenses and Credits
The license of the Tag Groups plugin is GPLv2 or later.
Spanish Translation by Andrew Curtis.
Yes, this plugin is free but it takes much effort to maintain it and to provide support. Please donate to this charity or below to me. Your donation is a great way to keep me motivated!
If you travel, please book your hotel via this affiliate link so that I will receive a percentage.
If you find this plugin useful, I would also appreciate a five-star-rating.